Daniel specializes in Financial Law and Corporate Law, with particular emphasis and experience in Private Equity. Daniel has actively represented Mexican and international clients in a wide variety of cross-border matters, including corporate finance, project finance, structured finance, syndicated, convertible and secured loans, as well as mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructurings, and real estate. Daniel has developed a solid practice in the Private Equity industry, which includes the formation and operation of private equity and debt funds.
In 2007 he attained his Bachelor´s Degree in Law from the Universidad Panamericana in Mexico City. On July 2017, he attained a Masters Degree in Corporate Law from the Universidad Panamericana in Mexico City. Prior to his incorporation to PBP Abogados, he was a law clerk and associate of Kuri Breña, Sánchez Ugarte y Aznar, S.C. from 2007 to 2009; associate of Gonzalez Calvillo, S.C. from 2009 to 2015; General Counsel of LCA Capital (private equity fund) from 2015 to 2016, and senior associate of Creel Abogados, S.C. until the end of 2018.
Recent Experience in Significant Matters
- Constantly advises private equity and debt funds in their operations and investment and debt transactions.
- Has represented Fintech companies, in connection with the recent regulations applicable to the Financial Technology Institutions.
- Has advised a company dedicated to the lease of self-storage facilities in different corporate matters.
- Has participated in several project finance transactions, involving water treatment plants, power plants, public hospitals, gas pipelines, among others.
- Has participated in public and private acquisition transactions of Mexican companies.
- Has advised real estate portfolios, involving their acquisition processes and its financing.
- Law School, Universidad Panamericana (Mexico City, 2007; Bachelor´s equivalent)
- Masters in Corporate Law from Universidad Panamericana (Mexico City, 2017; LLM equivalent)
- Spanish (native)