Fernando specializes in mergers and acquisitions, venture capital, new technologies (including Fintech), startups, co-investments, foreign investment, valuation and public faith and mediation, with more than 20 years of experience. Prior to joining PBP Abogados, he was part of prestigious national firms, being partner in one of them before turning 30 years old. He is a founding partner of PBP Abogados.
In May 2009, Fernando obtained the authorization by the Ministry of Economy of the Government of Mexico, as Public Broker No. 8 of Mexico City, which allows him to act as a public attester in commercial transactions, expert advisor in commercial law and expert appraiser in all types of goods and rights (currently focusing on real estate and intangible assets). During the 2020-2021 biennium, he served as Chairman of the Colegio Nacional de Correduría Pública Mexicana, A.C., an association that brings together the public brokers of the country and is the unified voice of this guild at a national level.
During July 2015, he was certified by the Superior Court of Justice of Mexico City to act as a certified private mediator, which allows him to give conclusive effect and res judicata, to the agreements reached by the parties before his faith in settlement agreements in commercial, civil and family matters.
Additionally, Fernando has taught Commercial Law at important universities in the country, such as the Universidad Iberoamericana and as a guest professor in the executive program of the Master in Business Administration (Executive MBA) of the Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (ITAM). Since 2014, he has been lecturer at the Centro de Investigación y Docencia Económicas (CIDE), the most prestigious teaching institution in Mexico in the area of social sciences.
Recent Experience in Relevant Matters
- He has consistently represented one of the most relevant venture capital funds in Mexico in the formation of its funds I and II focused on the Fintech sector, new technologies and e-commerce, as well as in the execution of its investments in promoted companies.
- Represented a private equity fund (search fund) in the formation and acquisition of the largest ice factory in Latin America, as well as in the structuring and negotiation of financing to leverage such acquisition.
- Represented a Mexican media group in the formation of the fastest growing satellite television operator in Latin America.
- He has consistently represented Mexico’s second largest pay-tv operator in arranging billion-dollar loans to strengthen the expansion of its business, as well as in negotiating multi-million-dollar agreements for the acquisition of equipment, software development and the provision of satellite and telecommunications services.
- He has advised a Mexican conglomerate in the formation of a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) in its partnership with leading players in the United States of America and Europe in the areas of MVNO and finance, respectively.
- He is an ongoing advisor to a NASDAQ-listed American company on its Mexican electronic payment processing business and its various alliances with Mexican banks.
- He has advised a Mexican group focused on the media sector in the sale of its pay-tv production business and the subsequent sale by the acquirer of several channels to other international producers of pay-tv content.
- Represented a publicly traded Mexican conglomerate in the spin-off of real estate assets to form a new public company focused on the real estate business.
- He has consistently advised several Mexican subsidiaries of international companies in the negotiation of loans before various intergovernmental organizations (OPIC, IFC, etc.).
- He has been responsible for the valuation of real estate and intangible assets in excess of U.S. $1 billion.
Trade and Extracurricular Activities
- Vice Chairman of the Colegio de Corredores Públicos de la Ciudad de México and member of its board of directors on several occasions.
- Diploma in Mexican History, Instituto Cultural Helénico.
- AFS Intercultural Programs - Italy 1997-1998.
- Master in Corporate Law (LLM in Corporate Law) from New York University - NYC (2006).
- Graduate of the Universidad Iberoamericana, A.C. - CDMX (2004).
- Diploma in Finance from the Escuela Bancaria y Comercial - CDMX (2004).
- Faculty of Law, University of Salamanca, Spain (2003).
- Specialization in Going Concern Valuation, EPED. CDMX (2020)