Francisco specializes in mergers and acquisitions, real estate and infrastructure projects, and financial transactions. In June 2001 he obtained his law degree from the Universidad Iberoamericana in Mexico City with recognition for academic excellence. During 2001 and 2002 he completed a postgraduate course in Commercial Law at the Escuela Libre de Derecho in Mexico City. In June 2003, he obtained a Master’s Degree in Law and Business from Northwestern University in Chicago, Illinois and later became part of the foreign associates program at Fulbright & Jaworski LLP (currently Norton Rose Fulbright) in Houston, Texas. Prior to joining PBP Abogados, he was part of the law firms Gonzalez Calvillo, S.C. and Forastieri Abogados, S.C., being a partner of the latter for more than 5 years. He is a founding partner of PBP Abogados.
Recent Experience in Relevant Matters
- Represented a Mexican public company and its controlling shareholders in the sale of 40% of the shares representing the capital stock of such company to two foreign pension funds. This transaction was structured through a tender offer through the Bolsa Mexicana de Valores, S.A.B. de C.V., at a price per share of MXN$43.96. Also, as part of the transaction, a FIBRA-E (Energy and Infrastructure Investment Trust) was created, to which various infrastructure assets were contributed.
- Represented a private equity fund in the acquisition of a minority interest in a Mexican company engaged in the commercialization of advertising space, which, as part of the same transaction, acquired a majority interest in a U.S.-based company in the same industry. This acquisition was financed with equity and debt provided by a group of creditors in Mexico.
- Represented the controlling shareholders of a company engaged in the manufacture and sale of sterilized products and containers in the sale of 100% of its shares to a leading European company in the manufacture of packaging materials for the medical industry. As part of the transaction, the controlling shareholders received part of their consideration in shares representing the capital stock of the acquiring company.
- Represented a Mexican public company in the sale of 49% of its equity interest in one of its subsidiaries engaged in the operation of a high-spec federal highway in Mexico to two foreign pension funds for $19.4 billion pesos.
- Represented one of the leading hotel groups in Mexico in the acquisition of two condominium units located in the Puerto Cancun Condominium for the construction and operation of two tourism developments with a capacity of 600 rooms.
- He has represented a foreign private equity fund in several acquisitions in Mexico, including acquisitions of companies involved in the provision of educational services and in the food industry.
- Represented a company engaged in the production of wheat flour in the negotiation and signing of a syndicated loan for up to US$200 million for the acquisition of one of its main competitors. Likewise, represented the acquirer in order to obtain authorization from the Federal Antitrust Commission in connection with such acquisition.
- Represented a company that operates infrastructure assets in the acquisition of 100% of the capital stock of two special purpose companies dedicated to the operation of two high security penitentiaries in Morelos and Chiapas, respectively, under a PPS scheme.
- Acted as independent legal counsel in the structuring of a trust bond program of up to $13.5 billion established by a company operating a high-spec federal highway in Mexico.
- Represented a Mexican public company in the acquisition of 100% of the capital stock of a group of companies engaged in the operation of a mining complex located in Chihuahua and Nayarit for US$1,000 million, as well as in the negotiation and signing of the financing required for such acquisition.
- Member of the Board of Directors of several companies in Mexico and abroad.
- Member of the Board of Trustees of Yoliguani and Chairman of Asilo Primavera, both non-profit associations.
- Member of the Mexican Bar Association, Colegio de Abogados, A.C. and the International Bar Association.
- Graduate of the Universidad Iberoamericana, A.C. (2001).
- Postgraduate studies in Commercial Law at the Escuela Libre de Derecho in Mexico City (2002).
- Master in Law and Business (LL.M-K) from Northwestern University (Kellogg School of Management) (2003).
- He worked as a foreign associate in the offices of Fulbright & Jaworski LLP (now Norton Rose Fulbright) in Houston, Texas.