Specialized in tax law, anti-money laundering risk management and compliance. Gabriel completed his law school in July 1999 at Centro Universitario México, Division Superiores inMexico City and obtained his Master’s degree in Tax Law at UniversidadPanamericana. Before joining PBP Abogados, S.C., he worked in various firms, among them; Desentis Asesores Fiscales, S.C., from 1996 to 2016, as Head of theLegal Department and Martínez y de Labra, S.C., from 2016 to 2021 as Tax &Compliance Department Chief. He also served as Compliance Officer at Operadora de Servicios Mega, S.A. de C.V., SOFOM E.R. from 2019 to 2021 and as Head ofRisk & Compliance at Mota-Engil México, S.A.P.I. de C.V. from 2019 to 2021.
RecentExperience in Significant Matters:
· Has participated in the representation of several jurisdictional procedures brought before the Federal Courts. Such procedures involve the formulation of both, nullity actions against administrative authorities acts, and constitutional protection.
· Has participated in the design and review of corporate structures tending to the legal optimization of the financial and tax situation, including the analysis of the probable legal contingencies and consequences of their operations.
· Has participated in the design and implementation ofs everal regulatory compliance models.
· Has held the position of Certified Compliance Officer for Regulated Entities by the National Banking and Securities Commission and other companies.
· Co-author of various works and publications on privacy, personal data protection, compliance and financial technology(Fintech) matters.
· Professor of personal data protection, procedures and Fintech at the Digital Law, Technology and Innovation Law Certification at theInstituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México.
· Graduated from Centro UniversitarioMéxico, División Estudios Superiores (Mexico City, 1999).
· Master Degree in Tax Law from Universidad Panamericana(Mexico City, 2016).
· Certified Compliance Officer by the National Banking and Securities Commission (Mexico City, 2018).