Ivan specializes in the areas of intellectual property and new technologies such as copyright and industrial property, corporate and business law, privacy and personal data protection, and administrative law in general. He has extensive experience in the negotiation and drafting of all types of contracts and documents in such matters, as well as in litigation and settlement of various administrative and contentious proceedings before local and federal authorities. He has a master’s degree in corporate and business law, and a specialization in the area of industrial property. Before joining PBP Abogados, he was an associate in the firms Forastieri y Roqueñí S.C., and Rangel y Barrita S.C.
Recent Experience in Relevant Matters
- He has participated in the negotiation and execution of several franchise, licensing and transfer of intellectual property rights related to trademarks and copyrights in Mexico and abroad.
- He is currently an attorney-in-fact and external advisor to several well-known trademarks and copyright holders in Mexico.
- He has acted as lead counsel in multiple administrative and contentious proceedings in intellectual property matters before administrative and judicial authorities.
- He has participated in several mergers and acquisitions, as well as in transactions related to foreign investment in Mexico.
- He led the defense in Mexico of a world-renowned case involving the massive theft of personal data by a major foreign technology company.
- Participated in several operations related to trademarks and sanitary registrations related to medicines and hygiene and beauty products, for one of the most important pharmaceutical companies in Mexico.
- Participated in the group of external auditors in the Initial Public Offering (IPO) of the first FIBRA specialized in the development and operation of shopping centers in Mexico.
- Diploma in Personal Data Protection at Universidad Anáhuac 2021.
- Specialization in Industrial Property by the Institute of Intellectual Property and Competition Law (IPIDEC) 2020-2021.
- Master’s Degree in Corporate Law from Universidad Anáhuac 2017-2018.
- Specialization in Business Law from Universidad Anáhuac 2017.
- Diploma in Business Law at the Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico (UNAM) 2014.
- Diploma in Tax and Administrative Procedural Law at UNAM 2012.
- Law degree from UNAM 2006-2011.
- Ivan Oliver is a member of the Mexican Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AMPPI).