Leonel specializes in assisting companies in labor matters, from individual and collective litigation, as well as in advisory and consulting, he is an expert in bureaucratic litigation. In 1996 he graduated from the Law School of the Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, obtaining his law degree, taking several postgraduate courses, such as the Harvard Negotiation Project; he has been a partner in the law firms Cisneros Santos, S.C. and Hernández Torres, S.C. He is currently a partner in PBP Abogados.
Recent Experience in Relevant Matters
- Within his professional experience in the labor field, he coordinated, inter alia, the liquidation of the bankruptcies of Transportes Aéreos Ejecutivos, Aerovías de México, Grupo Financiero Havre and Ferrocarriles Nacionales de México.
- As a litigator and consultant, he has advised business groups in different sectors, such as construction, banking, journalism and government, inter alia.
- As an expert in bureaucratic matters, he motivated the Supreme Court of Justice of the Nation to order, in an emblematic resolution, the dismissal of the Mayor of Venustiano Carranza for non-compliance with the Amparo Law.
- He participated for Mexico in the XVIII World Congress on Labor and Social Security Law, in Paris, France.
- Founded the first labor competency certification body, contributing to the development and institutional implementation of the Council for Standardization and Certification of Labor Competency.
- He is a member of the Academia Mexicana de Derecho y Economía, A. C. and Sociedad Latinoamericana y del Caribe de Economía y Derecho.
- Graduated from the Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, (1996).
- Diploma in: “Labor Law and New Labor Relations”. Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México School of Law - Junta de Conciliación y Arbitraje del Distrito Federal.
- Diploma in: “Public Speaking and Communication”.
- Diploma in: “International Labor Law”. UNAM Law School and International Labor Organization (ILO).
- Diploma in: “Judicial Law and Amparo”. College of Judges and Magistrates of the Judiciary of the Federation.
- Diploma in: “Constitutional Trials”. Autonomous Institute of Mexico.